- Banbha (BAN-VA), whose name means 'fallow land', is the Daughter of Ernmas (the mother Goddess of Ireland) and the wife of Mac Cuil, a leader of the Tuatha de Dannan.
- She is a Goddess of the soil attributed to protection, sovereignty and leadership.
- She was a skilled magician and was charged with the protection of the Island.
- She was the first woman to set foot on the Island of Ireland after the primordial flood and was first to meet the Milesian Celt invaders.
- The Tuatha de Dannan eventually succumbed to the Milesians but three seperate deals were struck with Amairgin so that the newly conquered land be named after the three daughters of Ermas (Banbha in Sleive Mis, Fódla in Sleive Felim & Éiriu in Slieve Uisneach) so that the Tuatha de Dannan might live on in name.
- Banbha was killed by Suirge at the battle of Tailtiu which marked the defeat of the Tuatha de Dannan.
In this blog I will be sharing links and articles relating to:
- Psychology: understanding who you are and how others manipulate you.
- Psychopathy: realising who is or is not and understanding the consequences of interactions.
- IQ and Neuroplasticity: brain-training, trivia, IQ boosting and critical thinking when confronted with information.
- Memory: mneumonic devices, reading recall, Neurological disorders
- Creativity: where does it come from? how can we be more creative?
- Depression: Help, reference, understanding and an examination of causes
- Music: Interest, Healing power, psychological power, expressiveness and enjoyment.
- Art: Interest, Healing power, psychological power, expressiveness and enjoyment.